Monday, May 14, 2012

These are the things I couldn’t make up if I wanted to


 Yesterday Cris asked me what I wanted to be when I got big. I had a good laugh at that since apparently I still don’t seem like an adult and I obviously still don’t know what I’m doing with my life. Some things never change. When I couldn’t come up with a satisfactory answer Cri and Laura filled in for me saying I wanted to be married when I got big. This also made me laugh but wasn’t as surprising to hear. Laura asks me almost daily who I will marry. Often she’ll point to the closest man, aside from Edward or her Dad (because they are married. Also Troy from High School Musical is off limits because Gabriella has dibs) and ask if I want to marry him. So after they decided my life goal was to be married, they then realized they’d forgotten to toss having babies on the list. Which of course led each of them to realize their own life’s goal of being the nannies for my babies. Let me be clear: I. Would. LOVE. That. Never mind that first and foremost I’ll never have nannies for my children, next don’t worry about how I’d use my children for a little bit of my own childish, petty payback. Not seriously, but I could definitely have fun with it.

Today was an even more entertaining and interesting conversation. Be forewarned, it verges on the birds and the bees but I was able to skirt around it enough not to have to be the one to explain all of that to them. Thank goodness. I can’t remember exactly how it came up, probably, like most of our hysterical conversations, out of nowhere. Laura asked if I was going to let my boyfriend see my, “uh, how do you say these?” and cupped her chest. After I regained my composure, I told her no, probably not, just my husband. Then she asked about even my other unmentionables and I said yes those too. At this point Cristina was interested and asked what I would do if my husband joked about wanting to kill me. I told her those weren’t nice kinds of jokes so I really wouldn’t like it. Then she decided him joking about a bird pooping on my head would be nicer. Also, in there were several questions about his hypothetical appearance including if he were bald. I told her if he were very nice and very funny and loved me very much I would marry him quickly. Laura asked if I’d love him and kiss him on the mouth and I told her yes, all day long to which she smiled. I think it made her happy because she really seems set on being my nanny.

Then Cri asked what I would do if my husband didn’t want to be my husband anymore. I told her I would cry. She gave me a big hug then she asked if after I cried I’d come back to them. I figured if my life came to that I’d be full of irrational, impulsive decisions so it wouldn’t be out of the question for me to return to them, so I said yes, I’d come back. 
I’m pretty sure they’re now rooting for my future marriage to fail.

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahahah.
    You are right, you can't make this stuff up!
    We missed you at the H.S. grad party in Denver. Your mom and Caleb stood in for you, however, and did a fine job.

    ReplyDelete